The benefits of bifold doors are all year-round - not just in the summer months
25th June 2021
Whilst the common marketing message around the benefits of bi-folding doors is often linked to the impact they have on a home in the summer months, the reality is they are a great addition all year round.
Yes, when the sun shines and the warm weather draws you out into your garden, there’s no better feeling than sliding back bi-fold doors and really bringing the outside into your home.
However, there are many other benefits felt throughout the year by homeowners who invest in our aluminium bi-folds – which customers say make a difference to their lives every day.
- Transforming dark rooms – There’s nothing worse than dark and depressing winter days stuck in a room which allows in little light. Bifolds let light flood in, making the most of the limited hours of daylight in autumn and winter. They can transform how a room is used and many of our customers have told us they have been amazed at the difference they have made to how they use their home.
- Being energy efficient – In a world of soaring energy costs, the fact that bi-folding doors are incredibly energy efficient makes them a very good investment. Offering a far bigger area of glazing to allow heat in, each sealed pane contains an argon-filled gap which prevents heat loss and reflects thermal mass back into your home.
- Offering the highest standards of security – Our sales team are often asked if bi-folding doors are less secure than traditional solid doors, and the answer is certainly not. All the aluminium bi-fold doors we supply and fit have locking systems spread over multiple points and are approved by Secured By Design - a national police project which recognises products in the glazing industry which meet a standard to reduce the risk of crime.
- Potentially adding value to your home - Talk to any estate agent about home improvements which can add value to a property and good quality bi-folding doors will be on their list. They tick many boxes which are crucial to adding value including energy efficiency, maximising space, opening up living space, connecting a home with its garden…and of course they look fantastic too.
- Being easy to operate and maintain – One of the things that most surprises people is that bi-fold doors are incredibly easy to operate. Despite the huge area of glazing, their slim profile and smoothness ensure they glide open and shut with ease. They are also low maintenance and easier to clean than multiple panes or frames like other windows.
BUY NOW PAY NOTHING FOR 12 MONTHS
At EYG, we like to make improving your home as easy as it can be, and that is why we offer flexible payment plans which help our customers make improvements immediately. You can buy now and pay nothing for 12 months!
We also offer a comprehensive 10-year ‘repair or replace’ warranty, allowing you to invest with complete confidence.
Get in touch or call 0800 181888 to discuss your plans with one of our design experts.