Step-by-step complaints procedure
If you’re not completely happy with our service we’d like to hear about it, so we can do something to put it right.
We do everything we can to make sure our customers get the best products and service possible. However, sometimes we may not get things right first time around.
When that happens, we want you to tell us what went wrong so we can put matters right.
We want to:
- Make it easy for you to tell us what went wrong;
- Give your complaint the attention it deserves;
- Resolve your complaint fairly without delay; and
- Make sure you are satisfied with how your complaint was resolved.
How & where to complain
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of our service or products you can tell us about your complaint in the following ways:
- In writing – Customer Care Complaints. Head Office, Wiltshire Road, Dairycoates Industrial Estate, Hull, HU4 6QQ
- By email – email@example.com
How long will it take?
We aim to resolve your complaint straightaway, but it may take longer if it is complex.
We will keep you informed on a regular basis but if you need an update please call us FREE on 0800 181 888 and ask to speak to the person handling your complaint, or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
If we cannot reach agreement with you.
If we can’t agree a solution with you within eight weeks, we will:
- Send a letter giving our reasons for the delay and an indication of when we expect to provide a final decision. OR
- Issue our final decision letter which will explain our final position.
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Our aim is to resolve all complaints internally. However, if after receiving our final decision letter, or if eight weeks have passed, you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). Their contact details are shown below.
Please note: Only complaints relating to the sale of financial services should be referred to FOS.
Financial Ombudsman Service
If you would like the Financial Ombudsman Service to look into your complaint you must contact them within six months of the date of our final response letter.
The Financial Ombudsman Service Exchange Tower London, E14 9SR
Or you can telephone on: 0800 023 4567
Further information can be obtained from the Financial Ombudsman Service’s website at www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk